Are you in need of food?

We are here to help


Food Distribution Hours

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
2PM – 4PM

(closed Wednesdays and all state and federal holiday)

How to Get Help

We feed the hungry and refer them to other social services. We are an enabled agency of United Food Bank (UFB) and give out food to provide short-term assistance to families-in-need. These families are your neighbors, your co-workers, perhaps even another family member. Our records are confidential.

Arizona ranks among one of the top five worst in the United States when it comes to child and senior food insecurity. If you live within our area and meet the eligibility requirements, we can give you a variety of food options thanks to weekly donations from our large local grocers, the USDA Federal TEFAP – The Emergency Food Assistance Program – and donations from individuals, businesses, churches and events.

Donated items may vary but we strive to give each family member in your home a minimum of 25 pounds of food. A cart of groceries once a month for a family of four typically weighs about 100 pounds and includes nonperishables, fresh produce, breads and other items for approximately 12 meals for the household.

Unlike state assistance programs that stop once your income tops 135% of the federal poverty level, we can help households at or below 185%.


  1. Present Valid ID – Provide ID, a copy or photo of IDs for any adult(s) residing in the home over the age of 18, along with the names, and birth dates of all minor children who are receiving food, if applicable.
  2. Acceptable Proof of Residency Examples – CURRENT electric, TV/internet, trash, water bill or rent receipt with the following information: your name, address, name of landlord and their phone number. Recent mail from DES, State of Arizona, DMV, or other federal government entity confirming address and sent through the U.S. Postal Service in the last 30 days. Other identification forms could be a voter registration or a military ID.
  3. PROXY – Proxy letters are required for someone to pick up food for an incapacitated client. The letter must include the number of adults and children living in the household and indicating the following:
    • gives permission to pick up your food
    • includes your complete address
    • confirms the names and ages of those in the home
    • copy of picture identification
    • a copy of a utility bill or documentation showing person’s name and address, i.e. driver’s license
    • is signed and dated by you

Help For Seniors

Commodities Senior Food Program (CSFP)

The Commodities Senior Food Program is held on the third Thursday of each month from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM at the Superstition Community Food Bank. This program provides area seniors with an extra monthly food distribution exclusively for them. To be eligible for CSFP, a person must reside in Arizona, be at least 60 years old, and have a total household income that does not exceed $1396 for 1 person or $1888 for 2 people. You still must comply with the requirements above and be 60 years of age or older. (For details on Proxy letters for an incapacitated client see REQUIREMENTS on this page).

Click here for more information found on the Arizona Department of Economic Security website.

Other Senior resources

Click on the image below to view the flyer

Need further help?

Well Child Visits

A well child visit is the same as an Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) visit. Select the flyer below for further information.

Directory of Services
Transportation Help

United Way Worldwide, in partnership with Lyft, has launched the Ride United initiative to address unmet transportation needs for individuals and families in communities across the country.

Other Resource Websites

Dedicated to providing resources and services to individuals and families in Arizona.

Non-Discrimination Policy

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave, S.W., Washington, D.C 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at [email protected].

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.